The Blackbird™ mainboard is an affordable, owner-controllable, desktop and entry server level mainboard. Built around the IBM POWER9 processor, and leveraging Linux and OpenPOWER™ technology, Blackbird™ allows you to secure your data without sacrificing performance. Designed with a fully owner-controlled CPU domain, you can audit and modify any portion of the open source firmware on the Blackbird™ mainboard, all the way down to the CPU microcode. This is an unprecedented level of access for any modern desktop-class machine, and one that is increasingly needed to assure safety and compliance with new regulations, such as the EU’s GDPR.
An owner-controlled, CPU-based secure boot mode also is available at any time. When secure boot is properly configured, and if the mainboard is located in a physically secure environment (e.g., a secure computing room or locked desktop case), you can be assured that only your pre-approved and pre-audited firmware, kernel, and user space components are executing on a Blackbird™ system.
Blackbird™ bundle consisting of:
- Blackbird™ µATX mainboard
- 8-core IBM POWER9 DD2.2 CPU
- 8 cores per package
- 32 threads
- SMT4 capable
- POWER IOMMU
- Hardware virtualization extensions
- 90W TDP
- I/O plate and recovery DVD
- 5.32″ hex driver
- The latest PNOR and BMC firmware updates
- 1 POWER9-compatible Sforza CPU socket
- Supports up to an 8-core 160W TDP processor at full speed
- Higher core count CPUs are not officially supported
- Micro ATX form factor
- 2 DDR4 ECC registered RAM slots
- Individual 128GB DDR4 DIMM support
- Supports up to 256GB total main system memory
- 1 PCIe 4.0 x16 slot
- 1 PCIe 4.0 x8 slot
- 2 Broadcom Gigabit Ethernet ports
- 1 Combined BMC / host Gigabit Ethernet port
- 1 Marvell SATA controller
- 4 6 Gb/s SATA ports
- 4 USB 3.0 ports
- 2 external
- 2 on internal header
- 1 USB 2.0 port
- 1 external RS-232 port
- 1 internal RS-232 port header
- 1 ASpeed BMC with OpenBMC
- 1 HDMI Full HD (2D) video port
- 1 CMedia 5.1 channel audio controller
- External analog and S/PDIF output
- S/PDIF over HDMI supported
Secure and control your desktop computing today with a modern, energy efficient Blackbird™ system!
NOTE: Processors larger than the 8-core 160W offering may downclock, show instability, or fail to function due to power delivery constraints, and as such are not officially supported on the Blackbird platform. Firmware may automatically downclock for stability, and/or print a warning if CPU expected power exceeds system planar capacity.
NOTE: POWER HSF assemblies use a unique high-pressure locking mechanism to ensure proper CPU contact. Installation of your chosen HSF assemblies will require a 5/32″ hex driver, such as our TL2HD1, for attachment and removal.
NOTE: Product images shown are representative of the product being sold, but may vary slightly from the product as shipped due to continuous improvement and related changes.