Built-to-order, fully libre-friendly and ready-to-go workstation that respects your freedom.
- 1x ASUS KGPE-D16 mainboard (coreboot, Petitboot)
- 1x Opteron 6284 CPU incl. cooling solution, upgradeable
- 32 GB reg. DDR3 RAM (2x 16GB), upgradeable up to 256 GB RAM
- 1x Crucial P5 Plus 500GB NVMe, upgradeable up to 2TB and two NVMe cards
- 1x M.2 NVMe PCIe adapter (dual NVMe)
- 1x AMD RX550 PCIe GPU, upgradeable to AMD Radeon PRO WX 3200 graphics, PCIe
- 1x Creative Sound Blaster FX 5.1, PCIe
- 1x Seasonic Focus GX 550W power supply, upgradeable
- 1x Fractal Design Define XL R2 workstation computer case
The KGPE-D16 workstation comes with libre and open source boot firmware and without back-doors, unlike most other computers today.
Since the Summer of Snowden what we have feared had become true: almost all modern hardware platforms used for hosting contain potential backdoors or exploitable bugs.
Would you like to protect yourself or your business from espionage, corrupt governments and other malicious third parties? Have you heard of the secret workshops where some three letter agencies demonstrably intercept your hardware shipments and tamper with them, without your knowledge? Or have you heard that most hardware manufacturers intentionally place backdoors into their systems, so with most systems from the large manufacturers, you or your company is at risk of data theft or espionage?
The KGPE-D16 Workstation changes that.
We replace the existing BIOS with fully libre coreboot boot firmware, remove the AMD PSP backdoor and proprietary software present on the mainboard. This gives you full control over your hardware. If you like to tinker, we even provide you with a second chip containing the boot firmware so building your own and testing it doesn’t require additional flashing equipment or bricking the hardware.
A good choice for the privacy minded who need a modern, powerful workstation.
The KGPE-D16 Workstation contains the following refurbished/used parts: mainboard, RAM, CPU(s).
Vikings does rigorous testing of all refurbished and used parts and also gives a comprehensive warranty for all parts of the system (see warranty conditions).
NOTE: Product images shown are representative of the product being sold, but may vary slightly from the product as shipped due to continuous improvement and related changes.